- Ed was named for my beloved (and dearly missed) Grandpa, Edwin
2. Emily’s story was inspired by my unexpected pregnancy that led to the most wonderful surprise of my life (But I couldn’t help think…what if?!)
3. Ed and Emily grew up together, their moms were sorority sisters
4. Emily was supposed to have a dog, Waffles the tibetan terrier, but she had enough characters in her life (stay tuned for Waffles in Across the Lake True North #4)
5. Ed blames Jess for Emily refusing to run away with him
6. Eric has had Emily’s back long before he met her; in Australia, Eric purposefully stole away from Ed any girl who was looking for a boyfriend
7. Emily never wears make-up (why does she need to?)
8. Jess’ wedding was based on my own nuptials in beautiful Bayfield; unfortunately, there was no Francois to help (wish there was!)
9. When Ed asked Emily to run away with him, he’d already been out of college in the real world for a couple of years. I think a lot of us want to run away at that point in our lives!
10. Despite spending every summer on the lake, neither Ed nor Emily know how to operate a boat
11. Emily’s favorite meal to eat in a restaurant is breakfast and the Egg Toss in Bayfield makes the BEST breakfast ever
12. Ed looks like a Viking
13. Tawny, Ed’s mom, has always been supportive of their relationship; but still considers herself impartial
14. Emily has no sense of style… Jess dressed her in college and she’s leaning on Francois now
15. Emily and Ed are childhood sweethearts, but can first love translate into forever love?
Anchored in the Bay (True North Book 1) available now on Amazon.com. Love the story? Be sure to keep reading the series with Tiny Island Summer (True North Book 2). Books 3 (short story 3.5) and 4 are in production!
Don’t forget: Kindle Unlimited subscribers can read for free.